Learn how SAN Mobile makes your industrial maintenance team's operations more dynamic and effective. That is, SAN Mobile offers mobility and power of action to the whole team! Industrial maintenance is the fundamental part of the company's proper functioning. And to take care of all stages, above all, technology has become a more expressive partner every day. Digital transformation benefits management through integration, automating techniques and procedures. As it turns out, today technology transforms the industrial maintenance process, and innovation allows optimizing this process.
We can define industrial maintenance as a set of actions taken to maintain or restore equipment in order to ensure an operable condition. The focus of maintenance is on maximizing the life of the equipment, system, or part. Here we point out some types of industrial maintenance:
- Unplanned corrective maintenance: occurs to resolve an emergency verified during the operation, and is one of the most costly;
- Planned corrective maintenance: Occurs to provide for the correction of a failure or problem, and the need has been detected during a previous inspection, and the fix is scheduled.
- Predictive maintenance: predicts failures, problems or routine stops on account of the asset with a different methodology.
- Preventive maintenance: it is a maintenance based on the state of the equipment, and tries to define through the data collected the future state of the equipment. It is characterized by the predictability of deterioration of the equipment, being able to prevent possible failures.
- Detectable maintenance: occurs for the investigation of equipment, part, machine or system in order to point out hidden or non-perceptible failures to the operation, maintenance teams. It acts as a protection so as not to stop equipment.
Likewise, we can list some industrial maintenance priorities as below:
- Emergency: with immediate operation and repair;
- Critical: can usually be programmed and executed in a short term;
- Normal: Planned and Scheduled following a scheduling flow.
According to a survey conducted by American experts,there is a four-fold higher cost for a company when it stops investing a dollar in maintenance. That is, for every $1,000 not invested in maintenance, we may have a $4,000 loss to the company over time.
Innovation in Maintenance
Industrial maintenance as it was before was based on a monolithic inspection method. And the damage of unscheduled stops costs a lot. Technological solutions can revolutionize industrial maintenance and company dynamics. Modernizing maintenance care allows the elimination of repetitive tasks and the reduction of costs and time.Therefore, innovation already allows you to work with centralized and accessible information in a simple way. In addition to ensuring access to the "historical" quickly, allowing managers a more strategic performance. Therefore, some reasons we can point to working innovation in industrial maintenance are the strengthening of automation, the increase in process agility, the reduction of errors, costs and time, and a logistic optimization. That is, working on innovation in industrial maintenance allows an expansion of knowledge and control of assets, generating more quality and efficiency at all levels. Having an automation of maintenance management allows an optimized performance of the team and a better performance in strategic activities.
SAP® PM Module in Industrial Maintenance
The SAP PM module® allows plant maintenance management, which in addition to organizing processes and aligning production, is also able to assist in maintenance management. This module includes a variety of submodules for preventive maintenance, order maintenance management, cleaning job management, warranty claims processing, information systems, mobile scenarios, and facility maintenance project planning. Thus, this module allows the integration of maintenance control, modernizing the way it deals with industrial maintenance and generating insums to improve strategies. One of the main benefits of the SAP PM module® is that it allows you to divide maintenance into multiple levels, both in the planning and performance phases. Despite being a functional solution, the SAP PM module® can find scenarios in which greater agility is demanded. And that's where SAN Mobile comes in.
SAN Mobile – your industrial maintenance app
SAN Mobile is a maintenance app, developed 100% compatible with sap's PM module®, for managing industrial maintenance by mobile devices. With greater agility to the maintenance process, everything can be done, accessed and updated on time, even without internet connection. Therefore, it means more dynamic and reliable industrial maintenance. The application eliminates parallel controls that can generate conflicting and/or outdated data. As a result, it reduces rework and qualifies data collection. With a simple and intuitive interface, and with the possibility of customizations, SAN Mobile improves the management of industrial maintenance without obstacles in development. Consequently, in the search for the adaptation to the concept of Industry 4.0, SAN Mobile streamlines the processes,makes the routine more effective and allows the extension of the life of the machinery. In addition, SAN Mobile offers:
- Extensive access to information and data;
- Greater mobility for maintenance team professionals;
- Increased productivity of the maintenance team and reduction of service times;
- Strengthens security policies and minimizes data loss;
- Significantly reduces costs with printing and paper, and in the process of purchasing material;
- Agility in decision making;
- It fosters sustainability.
How about you start revolutionizing your industrial maintenance management with SAN Mobile and benefiting your business? Have a more efficient and assertive team, reduce the chances of failures and boost the productivity of each! Talk to our consultants and understand how SAN Mobile is the perfect solution for your business!